TibKat's Insight's

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Me time!


Finding a balance. My life these days is Xander. I wake up with him usually around 4am, nurse him, change him and back to bed to rise again around 6am. Give him his pacifier and back to sleep till around 7:30 then up to face the day which includes close to the same ritual I just went through but with more frequent feedings and diaper changes. These days he is cooing a lot more and really grabbing at stuff and shoving what ever he can in his mouth. I love it! Though, I found myself yesterday escaping from it for about 2 hours when I left the kid with Jim and went to the store.

What a relief it was to get away for just a few hours, so freeing. Jim suggested I take Xander with me but I felt he needed more Daddy time (he get's Mommy time pretty much 24/7). I just found myself having a great time being out and about our little town. I did a little spring shopping and then went to the grocery store for our Easter dinner.

I believe mothers are their number one critic, especially when it comes to anything with your own children. My suggestion, take time for your self. Leave the kids with your friend, husband or baby sitter and give your self an hour once a week. We need to stop being so catty about one another and embrace the fact that we are all struggling through this thing called life. I believe it can be at these times when you step away that makes you appreciate yourself for who you are and that in turn makes you a stronger mother, wife and women.

My love for Xander is beyond words but I realized that with my brief "adventure" I need some me time every now and then.
posted by TRACI at 11:04 AM

1 Comments:

Hey Traci, is this eyeball Teri's?

looks totally familiar.

4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home