TibKat's Insight's

Thursday, April 20, 2006

I am not afraid...


I had the best time over the last few days and in Vegas of all places! The school that I work for had a teachers retreat there for two nights. My husband was also able to hang with all of us out in the sun; we had a great time.

When I got home and checked my e-mail and blog I found that I had a number of comments posted by some one who called themselves, “Anonymous”. I was a bit anxious and curious to read them. As I read one after another I soon figured out that they were from my sister who has “removed” herself from our family.

Here is a person whom I love and care about and always have, regardless of the hurt or pain between us. Why the comments aren’t here is due to the fact that they were her attempt to hurt me, not a way to open up a dialogue. I don’t want that on my site.

Over the past six months or so my family has been through some turmoil or hell in some degree, some more than others. There are two sides to each mans story in life as there is in this instant.

I don’t want to further damage this family by throwing daggers at one another. The damage has been done. For those that played a role in it, they will have to make amends to God and their family member. It is not for me to "call them to Jesus", I tried and was very unsuccessful.

I am sorry for how this all came about. I do love my family more then anything and it pains me that we will never be the same, never.

I welcome dialogue.

“I am not afraid… I was born to do this.” Joan of Arc
posted by TRACI at 12:09 AM

7 Comments:

OK, you know you are going to have to expand on this... inquiring minds want to know.

8:09 PM  

I agree. If you're comfortable. Sometimes these things are very hard and it's best to move on. BUt you are a good writer and if you want to share...

9:17 PM  

Some things are left best unsaid when it comes to your family and what you choose to share with the world outside of it. What can be said is that a chasm has been established within our family’s world and it has left all of us with a great loss that saddens me deeply. Explaining any details would break the confidences of too many people that I love. I have no right to do that.

9:18 PM  

Family and loved ones are often in the same boat when it comes to acceptance or rejection. If we want to keep them as a part of our lives we must continue to communicate even when it hurts. I have lost touch with so many loved ones because the energy it takes to stay connected is greater than the return of their love and acceptance. It is not an outright rejection because I still love them. It is more like a gradual drifting apart than an angry severence and I am at peace with it. I will gladly restore the energy put into a relationship if I feel it is reciprocated fully. Working through our differences should make us stronger and more compasionate friends. If not, then maybe the relationship is not good for us and we should move on regardless of the label family, friend or loved one.

11:46 AM  

That is why my door always remains open. Thanks for your insights Huck! :)

4:00 PM  

I like the working through our differences part. Sometimes it seems like we all have a little Relationship Nazi (like The Soup Nazi) inside us. When someone pisses us off, it yells out, "No more love for you! One year!!"

But I think you are correct in saying, after so many times trying to "restore the energy" in a relationship, you have to come to a peace that something simply drain both sides, at least for the time being. When does that point occur? Rhetorical question really, as I'm sure the answer swings wildly for each situation with so many emotional variables.

10:53 AM  

"I am not afraid... I was born to do this" Thought you would like to know the full quote. Joan of Arc actually said: "I do not fear the soldiers, for my road is made open to me; and if the soldiers come, I have God, my Lord, who will know how to clear the route that leads to messire the Dauphin. It was for this that I was born!"
To learn more about Joan of Arc try Joan of Arc - MaidofHeaven.com

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home