TibKat's Insight's

Friday, August 20, 2010

Bang Trim


What a glorious time I had yesterday! I got to go get my bangs trimmed and almost by myself. I put my son Xander down for a nap and told my husband I was going to finally get our grocery shopping done. It was a week late. Once I had our baby in her car seat and me in my driver’s seat, I started the car. Only when I glanced in the rear view mirror I thought, “Really? I’m going out in public like this?” My bangs hung nearly half way down the bridge of my nose … at least it felt that way. In reality, they were just far enough into my eyes to start driving me slowly insane.

Now that I’m a mother, I feel so lucky and blessed each day, yet I still have my moments. I just turned 40. I have a nearly three year old boy and a 10 month baby girl. As mothers we are pulled so many different directions. When I had a career, I taught high school and middle school theater, and held down another part time job in finance. I thought that life was stressful.

I never knew what true stress felt like until I experienced rearing my own children (I also never knew true innocent love either). Yet, it was the bangs that seemed to be taking me over the edge that day. So with a puff of air to blow them out of my eyes, I thought, let’s just drive by a Super Cuts and see if I could get in.

Within minutes I was there. The parking lot looked fairly empty, “Score!” I parked the car, grabbed the baby and in we went. No one was waiting. In fact there were just the two hair dressers gabbing. “What the freak!” I thought, “I’ll get an all around trim.” I sat in the chair and asked for a dry cut; no time for the whole treatment. I still had to get to the grocery store. Rory sat in her car seat happy as a clam, playing with her rattle while mom gave herself a treat. Within twenty five minutes I was done and it was a decent trim, I might add.

As I got in my car, I glanced back in the mirror, There you are, I thought. Smiling, I pulled out of the parking lot and headed to the grocery store. I was back at the house within an hour and a half. It’s these little moments that help me to reflect; I love my life. I may have my own hairdresser upset with me a bit, but I have my sanity and no more bang issue and can conquer another day. I’m a happy mom!
posted by TRACI at 2:32 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home