TibKat's Insight's

Thursday, January 14, 2010

2009, in review!


Blogging. I like to blog. I do. I like to post my random thoughts into a somewhat cohesive story and imagine that others not only enjoy my writing but appreciate my fantastic insights into the world around and then I woke up. Obviously I am not that dedicated to the institute of blogging, seeing that I only made two post in the year 2009.

What did I do that year, you ask??? Ahhh, lets see… Well to start out I accepted a job directing an elementary school’s musical. We decided to do Disney’s Beauty and the Beast so that was my first three months of the New Year. It was a lot of fun and the kids were amazing. It really was great to get back into the swing of directing and interesting how serious they all took the show.

Soon after I started working on Beauty and the Beast we found out we were indeed pregnant with our second child. Oh, Joy!! Oh, Rapture!! Within a few days from finding out I started to bleed and bleeding like I was, is not good. I immediately felt I was miscarrying and Jim and I rushed to the emergency room. I had passed quite a bit of blood and by the time I had gotten there it seemed to have subsided. They did an ultrasound and saw that I was still pregnant. The thought was that I might have miscarried a “twin”. Through it all, Rory Genevieve was born on October 6, 2009.

The spring of 2009, I was bound and determined to not be a “frumpy” pregnant lady. My last pregnancy I was bed ridden for the last 3 months and therefore my wardrobe consisted of a variety of pajama pants and t-shirts. So, Xander and I flew to AZ to visit Carolyn & Mickey and I did a little hip mom shopping. I also frequented a few thrift stores around town and found some second hand pregnancy clothes and some just very large shorts, I was set! I always admire those women who always look good, no matter what state they find themselves in. How do they do it? That summer I attempted it… I’d give myself a B for effort.

I also assistant directed Pirates of Penzance (an all time favorite of my families growing up!) at a community theater in SL with my sister. My husband was a bit involved with the production also, he choreographed the fight scenes. I was excited to help out with the show but a bit antsy, I didn’t want it to take away from my family that summer. So with Jim involved it truly felt as if it was a family affair! Xander loved to be down at the theater watching the Pirates and the Pirate King in there big musical numbers. It was great to shift and be around adults and it also re-reminded me why I don’t act, you have to be around other actors ~ too much ego.

Summer Sundays we hung out at the community pool. Xander never wanted to leave and always broke down crying but within minutes of being in the car would fall immediately a sleep. Watching Jim and Xander play together is a bit of what I imagine heaven to be. This was Xanders first, Big Boy haircut!


The true highlight of our year was the birth of our daughter, Rory. I pushed once and she was here, it makes me a bit sick too ~ Way fast! Xander has been great with her and that’s been a big relief. It’s hard bringing in another body into an already existing family for a little one. He is doing well, we all are.

I hope to blog more this year. Here’s to 2010!!!

posted by TRACI at 2:27 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home